Over 5,700 still missing, says Uttarakhand chief minister
Over 5,700 still missing, says Uttarakhand chief minister

IANS

Dehradun, July 15: Uttarakhand Chief Minister Vijay Bahuguna on Monday said that over 5,700 people are still missing in the rain-flood tragedy that hit the state last month.

"A total of 5,748 people are still missing in the flood, including tourists and pilgrims who came from other states," Bahuguna told reporters. 

"The state cabinet has decided to give monetary compensation to the families of those who are still missing. Distribution of the compensation will be started tomorrow (Tuesday)," he said.

The chief minister said the government has received the list of missing people from various other states. 

The Uttarakhand government will give Rs.1.5 lakh each for every dead and missing person, in addition to the Rs.3.5 lakh compensation declared by the central government. 

"The missing will not be declared dead. Search for them will go on," he added. 

© 2015 IANS India Private Limited. All Rights Reserved.
The reproduction of the story/photograph in any form will be liable for legal action.

For news, views and gossips, follow @IANSLIVE at Twitter. Find us on Facebook too!

Update: 15-July-2013

Comments: [0]

RELATED NEWS
RELATED TOPICS

NATION



Add your comment

Name : *


Email : *


Comments : *

Reload Image
Code:

Comments

VIDEO GALLERY

POLL

3
Do you think Pakistan is behind the attacks on Bangladeshi secular bloggers ?

Yes

No

Can't say


Please answer this simple math question

4 + 4 =

WEATHER UPDATE

----WEATHERHOMEFILEPATH

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player